The Assessor's Office strives to provide quality public service and value property according to Oregon Statutes and Rules.
The County Assessor's chief responsibilities are to:
- Inventory all property including quality, quantity and important characteristics
- Estimate the market value of each taxable property;
- Administer and manage special programs, such as farm and forest assessments and all exemption programs
- Prepare, maintain and provide maps and information on property locations, descriptions and ownership on all taxable and exempt property
- Prepare the assessment roll for Tax Certification
Important Dates to Remember
- January 1 - Property is valued as of this date for the coming fiscal year, which begins on July 1st.
- February 15 - Second-trimester payment due.
- March 15 - Personal and real property returns due for commercial and industrial property.
- April 1
- Final day to file for property tax exemptions
- Final day to file for Veterans' exemptions
- Final day to file timely for Charitable exemptions, etc.
- April 15
- Final day to file Senior and Disabled Citizen Deferral applications.
- May 15 - Third-trimester payment due.
- June 30 - Final determination date for property tax exemption status.
- July 1 - Start of the fiscal year and lien date for all taxes.
- July 15 - Taxing Districts certify tax levies and special assessments
- September 25 - Assessor certifies value or value estimate of joint Taxing Districts
- October 25
- BoPTA forms are available at County Clerk's Office.
- Last day for the tax collector to mail tax statements
- Owner Value Reviews process through December 1st
- November 15 - First-trimester tax payment due. Last day discount allowed for full or 2/3 payment.
- December 31 Last day to file an appeal to the Board of Property Tax Appeals