Please Note: A new disposal fee structure went into effect on April 17th, 2023.
Garbage/disposal fees fund all programs offered by Douglas County Solid Waste.
NO INCOME OR PROPERTY TAXES are used to pay for Douglas County Solid Waste programs.
Payments Accepted: Cash, Debit and Credit cards. Except for American Express
Solid Waste Fees
|Size of Bin||Fee|
|Up to 3 cans||$10 Minimum|
|Over 3 cans||$16|
|1 Full Truck Bed (No added sides)||$16|
|Each Additional Cubic Yard||$16|
|Per Ton at Roseburg Landfill||$94|
Wood & Landscape Waste
|1- 3 Cubic yards grass and leaves||$16|
|Each Additional Cubic Yard||$10|
|1 Full Truck Bed (No added sides)||$10|
|Per Ton at Roseburg Landfill||$50|
- Animal By-Products: $94 per ton (size of a sheep, deer, or animal Bi-Products equivalent in size accepted at transfer sites for a fee. Limit 2 per day per customer).
- Appliances w/ freon: Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, heat pumps - $16 (Roseburg and Reedsport Only)
- Construction and Demolition Waste: Construction and demolition (C&D) waste in excess of 1 cubic yard accepted at the Roseburg Landfill $94 per ton and at the Roseburg and Reedsport Transfer Stations $23 per cubic yard.
- Furniture: $16 per unit
- Mattresses: $16 per unit (mattress or box spring). Mattresses accepted only at the Roseburg and Reedsport Transfer Station
- Residential Sharps - No charge (All sharps must be in proper container red, rigid plastic with lid)
- Commercial Sharps - $16 per gallon size container
- Soil, Sand, Gravel, Crushed Rock: $94 per ton at the Roseburg Landfill ~ Clean soil accepted at no charge. Consult this memo (PDF) for additional details. $16 per 1/2 cubic yard (daily limit) at transfer stations.
- Tree Stumps (12-inch diameter and larger):$94 per ton (Roseburg Landfill Only)
- Tires - includes auto, motorcycle, ATV, equipment, and tractor tires (must be off the rim). (Roseburg and Reedsport Only)
- Standard Tire - $6 each
- Oversize tire (above 33") - $20 each
Special Waste / Asbestos / PCS / Grit & Screenings (Roseburg Landfill)
- Permitted Waste: (Asbestos, Boiler Residue, Petroleum Contaminated Soil, Sand Blast Grit, and other material).
- All asbestos and permitted waste disposal to have a $72 permit fee for each source location plus $94 per ton (one-ton minimum charge). Permits are available online for pre-registration at Special Waste Permits, or call 541-440-4268 for permit information. Permits must be paid at the Solid Waste Office, Courthouse Room 308. Permitted waste must be tested before disposal for contaminants per Public Works / Solid Waste. Permitted waste is accepted only at the Roseburg Landfill.
- Testing may be required at the discretion of Solid Waste staff. If testing is required, fees will be determined based on test results.
- Asbestos Permit located here
- Asbestos ASN4 located here
- PCS Permit Located here
Limited Recycling accepted in Douglas County
All transfer sites and Landfill accept the following recyclables for no charge: Glass, Cardboard, Scrap metal; auto batteries, & motor oil. Alkaline batteries manufactured after 1996 are free of mercury and can go into the garbage.
- Recyclable Metal Scrap/Vehicle Parts (hood, fender, engine, transmission): No charge – must be placed in recycling metals box.
- Other appliances: Washers, dryers, dishwashers, stoves, water heaters must be placed in a recycle metal box. - No charge
Disposal is limited to five cubic yards and one cubic yard of construction and demo per day at transfer stations except for Roseburg and Reedsport. Disposal for all other household waste generated outside Douglas County will be charged at double the disposal rates listed. Douglas County reserves the right to reject out-of-county generated waste for disposal. The Payment Methods we accept are cash and credit card.