What do I do if I have a death in the family?

You Need to Do/Know

  • Check to see if you are enrolled in voluntary life coverage which may apply.
  • Update your PERS beneficiary designations, W4 information and CIS beneficiary designations, if desired.

For More Information

  • For more information contact Human Resources via email at hr@douglascountyor.gov or call (541) 440-4405. 
  • You may also log in to your CIS benefits profile to see if you elected any voluntary life coverage. 
  • Contact your supervisor or see Personnel Rule 9 (PDF) regarding needed leave time. 

Show All Answers

1. What do I do if I get married?
2. What do I do if I become legally separated or divorced?
3. What do I do if I have or adopt a baby?
4. What happens if I have a child who reaches the dependent age limit (age 26)?
5. What do I do if I have a death in the family?
6. What do I do when I retire?
7. What do I do if I leave county employment?
8. When can I change something in my benefit plans?
9. What if I move?
10. What if I change employment status (e.g. from part-time to full-time)?
11. What is Employee Assistance Provider (EAP)?